Nationwide provides Accident Forgiveness to clients as an add-on feature you can purchase with your auto insurance policy. The feature allows for your first at-fault accident to be waived, protecting you from rate increases, and maintaining your good driver status. There's a one-claim-per-policy standard.
Should you add Nationwide accident forgiveness to my policy?
Nationwide provides you the option to purchase accident forgiveness and add it to to your auto insurance policy. Save up to 20% on increased insurance premiums after you get into an at-fault accident.
Accident forgiveness provides you with a way to clear your first accident off of your record. The accident is waived, allowing you to keep a clean record and continue qualifying for good driver's discounts.
How to add Nationwide's accident forgiveness to your auto insurance policy?
Nationwide provides accident forgiveness to clients who meet certain requirements, including the following:
- A clean driving record: To qualify for Nationwide's accident forgiveness feature, you need to have a clean driving record. You don't qualify if you've got multiple traffic violations or speeding tickets.
- 3 years of no claims: You need to go a minimum of 3 years without making a claim or getting into an accident. High-risk drivers aren't able to add this feature to their policy. However, you can apply once your record clears, and your accidents are removed.
- One claim per policy: If you've already made a claim for accident forgiveness, you don't qualify again.
How much does Nationwide's accident forgiveness cost?
Nationwide's accident forgiveness rate varies, it's typically based factors such as the following:
- Car model
- Driving history
3 things to consider about Nationwide's accident forgiveness
- Purchasing accident forgiveness with Nationwide relieves you of increased insurance premiums after an accident.
- Keep the good driver's discounts that you've already qualified for after an at-fault accident.
- If your driving record hasn't been clean for 3 years, wait for any violations to be removed. After this, re-apply for Nationwide's accident forgiveness to maintain your newly-acquired clean score and avoid insurance pikes.
Get the best accident forgiveness rates, now!
Fill out our quick, easy form to compare quotes and coverage options, instantly.
Get instant quotes tailored to your needs - fill out our short form, today!