USAA's Accident Forgiveness policy protects you from an increase in your auto insurance rates after your first at-fault accident. Your accident wavers, and your claim doesn't affect your yearly premiums or stop you from qualifying for good driver's discounts.
What is USAA's accident forgiveness?
USAA provides the option for you to add accident forgiveness to your insurance policy. Your first at-fault accident is waived and doesn't show up on your driving record. This feature protects your insurance premiums from an average 20% rate increase after an at-fault accident.
Without this policy, it can take 3-5 years for accidents to clear off your record and for your rates to drop again.
Getting accident forgiveness allows you to maintain a clean driving record and continue qualifying for good driver's discounts.
How to qualify for USAA's accident forgiveness
There are a few requirements you need to meet to qualify for USAA's accident forgiveness policy, such as the following:
- A clean driving record: To be eligible for USAA's Accident Forgiveness feature, you need to have a clean driving record. You can't apply if you have multiple traffic violations or speeding tickets.
- 3 years of no claims: You need to go a minimum of 3 years without making a claim or getting into an accident. High-risk drivers aren't able to add this feature to their policy. However, you can re-apply for this feature once your accidents drop off.
- One claim per policy: You don't qualify again if you've already made a claim for accident forgiveness on your policy.
How much does USAA'S accident forgiveness cost?
The amount you pay varies based on many different factors. The cost of USAA's accident forgiveness policy typically depends on the following:
- Driving history
- Vehicle model
Main benefits of USAA's accident forgiveness
- Purchasing Accident Forgiveness with USAA allows you to drive with peace of mind because you'll be protected from rate increases after your first accident.
- Keep the good driver's discounts that you've earned after an at-fault accident.
Get the best accident forgiveness rates, now!
Fill out our quick, easy form to compare quotes and coverage options, instantly.
Get instant quotes tailored to your needs - fill out our short form, today!