Founded in 1925, Acuity is the 56th largest insurer in the nation. They provide auto, home, and umbrella coverage to individualls and businesses. They offer multiple discount options—an affordable choice for your next insurance needs. Acuity has some of the best customer service in the industry.
Acuity Insurance overview
Acuity provides standard auto coverages you'd expect from a major carrier, but they set themselves apart by offering many endorsements and add-ons. With Acuity, customer service is at the forefront. They boast that they answer 93% of phone calls in 16 seconds or less, and maintain a 95% customer satisfaction rating.
Acuity essential coverages
- Bodily Injury Liability: If you injure someone in a car accident, this coverage pays for his or her medical expenses and any damages awarded in a lawsuit.
- Property Damage Liability: This provides coverage if you're responsible for an accident and damage someone's property.
- Uninsured/Under-insured Motorist: If you're injured in an accident and the person at fault has no insurance or insufficient coverage, Acuity pays for your losses, damages, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- Collision Coverage: This coverage pays for damage caused by a collision with another vehicle or object, regardless of who's at fault.
- Comprehensive Coverage: This coverage pays for damage not caused by a collision, such as theft, fire, or flood.
- Medical Payments: Coverage for medical costs if you're injured in an accident, regardless of who's at fault.
- Personal Injury Protection: Pays towards medical costs for you and your passengers if you're injured in an accident. In some states, it also pays towards lost wages, living expenses, funeral costs, etc.
Innovative Acuity coverages
For just an extra fee, you can add these unique coverages.
- Vehicle replacement coverage. For just a little extra premium, if your car or motorcycle is totally destroyed in a covered loss (other than fire or theft), Acuity pays to replace it with a brand new car of the same or similar model. Older vehicles totaled in a covered loss are paid 25% above the vehicle's current value.
- Full safety glass. With this extra coverage, if your vehicle’s windshield or windows need to be repaired or replaced, you don't have to pay the comprehensive deductible.
These are policy add-ons Acuity offers to complete your car insurance coverage.
- Towing and Labor: Pays the towing charges when your vehicle breaks down. Included with towing and labor coverage is Emergency Roadside Assistance, which is available 24/7 and covers things like tire changes, jump starts, fuel delivery, and more.
- Personal Auto Enhancements. This endorsement provides a series of extra coverages including key and lock replacement if keys are lost or stolen, personal property replacement for items inside your vehicle that are damaged in an accident, travel expenses to rent a car, eat, or lodge elsewhere after an accident, reimbursement for veterinary expenses if your pet dog or cat is injured in an auto accident, airbag replacement if an airbag discharge is not caused by an accident and in certain states, benefits for accidental death and total disability.
- Auto Loan/Lease. If you owe more on your vehicle than what it's worth, this “gap coverage” will cover the difference between the actual cash value of your vehicle and the unpaid principal amount owed on your loan or lease.
- Temporary transportation expenses pays vehicle rental, bus, rideshare or taxi fares while your vehicle cannot be driven so that you can get where you need to be.
- Multiple different coverages available
- Online quote generator
- Extremely responsive customer service
- Only available in select states
Acuity car insurance discounts
Acuity offers several discounts to help lower your monthly premium.
- Good Student Discount: Full-time high school and college students can save money by maintaining a 'B' average or better.
- Multi-Car Discount: Insuring two or more cars with Acuity can lower your monthly premium.
- Accident Prevention Course Discount: Show proof you've successfully completed an accident prevention course and become eligible for this discount.
- Incident-Free Discount: It pays to drive safe. If you've been accident and/or violation-free for at least 3 years, enjoy this discount.
Consider Acuity Insurance if...
If you want more than just basic auto insurance, Acuity is a good option. They offer multiple car insurance add-ons that allow you to easily customize your ideal policy.
Consider alternatives to Acuity Insurance if...
Acuity currently services 23 states located primarily in central United States. If you live on either coast, it looks like you'll have to choose a different insurer.
What's my best insurance option?
When shopping for car insurance it's important to compare several quotes side-by-side. This gives you the best pricing & coverage options.
Fill out our short form to receive free quotes, instantly!