Alfa is an excellent auto insurer for residents of Alabama, Georgia, and Mississippi. The easy-to-use website has tons of tools and resources. Online account management is a breeze! Discounts and flexible billing options make Alfa an affordable insurer with great coverage.
Alfa insurance overview
Established in 1946, Alfa initially provided fire insurance to farmers. Since then, Alfa has expanded to offer a wide variety of coverages, including auto insurance. Although Alfa offers insurance in 11 states, they only provide auto insurance in 3. Alfa tailors car insurance to the needs of Alabama, Georgia, and Mississippi drivers. They use local agents and coverages vary by state. Alfa's easy-to-use website offers a number of conveniences, such as:
- Instant Quotes
- Online Claims Form
- Online Bill Pay
- Helpful Tools And Tips
This is incredibly convenient compared to many competitors who don't have the same online resources. Alpha policyholders express happiness with Alfa's flexible billing options and ample discounts.
Additional coverage options
Alpha's policies include all the basics plus add-ons, such as:
- Loss Of Wages: Covers up to $50 per day when you're required to attend a trial or hearing at Alfa’s request.
- Loss Of Income: If you can’t work due to an injury, Alfa pays 85% of your monthly income for up to one year.
- Travel Expense Rental Coverage: Pays for a rental car after an accident.
Filing a claim is simple:
File your claim any time using the above claims form.
- Flexible Billing Options: Customers may select monthly, quarterly, or full-pay payment options.
- Good Discount Offerings: Alfa offers a lot of great discounts that lower your rates further.
- Easy-To-Use Website: Alfa has a great website that is easy to navigate, and offers tips and resources for drivers.
- Lack of Locations: Only available in Alabama, Georgia, and Mississippi.
Alfa Insurance coverage options
- Property Damage Liability Coverage: Covers the costs incurred from damaging another person’s property.
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage: This pays for the damages if the insured is deemed responsible for injuries or death to another individual.
- Medical Expenses: Pays for medical expenses resulting in injuries caused to your passengers or driver of the insured auto.
- Under-insured And Uninsured Motorist Coverage: Covers medical expenses caused by another driver who doesn't carry enough insurance to pay for all the damages.
- Collision Coverage: Pays for the cost of damage to the insured car when in an at-fault accident.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Covers expenses caused by damage to the insured car by any other means besides an accident. This includes theft, severe weather, tree limbs falling, etc.
- Rental Reimbursement: This coverage reimburses you for a rental car. This is important when you're waiting for car repairs after an accident.
- Roadside Assistance: Offers towing and other services for when your car breaks down on the side of the road.
Alfa insurance discounts
Alfa offered a variety of discounts to further their low rates:
- Airbag Discount: Save up to 25% if your vehicle is equipped with an airbag.
- Anti-Theft Device Discount: Vehicles equipped with an anti-theft system are eligible for up to a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driver Discount: Discounts to drivers who've taken a defensive driving course.
- Youthful Operator Discounts: Unmarried drivers between the ages of 16-24 are eligible if they've good grades.
- Driver Training Discounts: Drivers between the ages of 16-20 receive a discount if they complete a driver education course.
- Youth Defensive Driving Discount: Unmarried drivers between the ages of 16-20 that pass the Youth Defensive Driver Test receive a discount.
- Multi-Car Discount: Customers who insure two or more vehicles on one Alfa Insurance policy save.
- Combo Discount: Alfa Insurance customers save by insuring their home and auto insurance with Alfa.
- Life Insurance Discount: Customers with a qualifying Alfa life insurance policy receive a discount.
- Homeownership Discount: Providing evidence of homeownership qualifies drivers for a discount.
Consider Alfa Insurance if...
If you prefer online management of your account, Alfa is a great choice. They've an easy-to-use website with tons of resources, instant quote form, claims form, and online bill pay. Combined with their various discounts, and flexible billing options, Alfa is a solid choice in an insurer.
Consider alternatives to Alfa Insurance if...
Alfa is a great choice in insurer if you live in Alabama, Georgia, and Mississippi. If you live outside of these areas, consider an alternative choice to Alfa.
On top of this, despite offering various discounts, they don't reward loyalty for staying with their company for an extended time.
What's my best insurance option?
When shopping for car insurance it's important to compare several quotes side-by-side. This gives you the best pricing & coverage options.
Fill out our short form to receive free quotes, instantly!