Badger Mutual is an excellent auto insurer for residents of Arizona, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, Utah, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. They offer standard auto insurance coverage for affordable rates. They have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and great customer satisfaction with their claims process.
Badger Mutual insurance overview
Body: Badger Mutual was founded in 1887 and sells their products through local agents. They also offers online options to manage your account, report a claim, and pay your premiums.
Coverage and availability of policy types varies from state to state. Ask your agent about any limitations for your state.
Badger Mutual also offers a variety of discounts:
- Home/Auto Multi-Policy Discount
- Multi-Vehicle Discount
- Mature Household Discount
- Claim Free Discount
- New Business Claim Free Discount
- Renewal Discount
Additional coverage options
Badger offers standard auto insurance policies with special coverage add-ons. These add-ons include:
- Concierge Service: Ensures that a car totaled up to 3 years old are replaced with a new vehicle, while cars between 4-10 years old will be replaced with a vehicle of equal value.
- Specialty Auto Program: Policies for classic and antique cars, motor homes, and conversion vans, among other specialty products.
Filing a claim is relatively simple. You have 2 options:
The claims department is staffed 24/7.
- Affordable Rates: Badger Mutual has lower than average rates with standard auto insurance coverage.
- Online Policy Management: Use their user-friendly website to manage your policy online.
- Great Auto Claims Process: Badger Mutual has high satisfaction with their claims processing experience.
- Lack Of Available Locations: Coverage is limited to Arizona, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, Utah, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
- Property and Bodily Liability Insurance: Liability insurance covers medical bills and property damage you cause other people. Required in most states.
- Medical Payments Coverage: This coverage helps to pay for your medical bills after an accident. Required in some states.
- Personal Injury Protection: PIP covers medical bills for you and your passengers. Required in some states.
- Uninsured/Under-insured Motorist Insurance: This type of coverage protects you when you’re hit by a driver who doesn’t have insurance. This also covers you when their insurance limits don't cover the full amount of damage. Required in some states.
- Collision Insurance: Collision insurance covers your car repairs after an accident. It doesn't matter who's at fault. Optional.
- Comprehensive Insurance: This insurance covers damage from things outside of your control. This includes fires, floods, and vandalism. Optional.
Badger Mutual car insurance discounts
Badger Mutual offers a few discounts to lower your rates further.
Here are some discounts you may be eligible for:
- Claim Free Discount: Go 3 or more years without a claim and receive a discount.
- Mature Household Discount: Older drivers may be eligible for a discount.
- Renewal Discount: Receive a discount for remaining loyal to Badger Mutual for your insurance needs.
- Multi-Policy Discount: Save by having multiple policies with Badger Mutual Insurance such as auto + home.
- Multi-Car Discount: Save on collision coverage by having multiple cars insured with Badger Mutual.
Consider Badger Mutual Insurance if...
Badger Mutual has affordable rates with a great claims process. Most insurers lack the proper customer service for their claims department, but with Badger Mutual, that's not an issue. They'll be there for you in your time of need.
If you're interested in managing your policy on your own, you have 24/7 access to your policy details through an online portal.
Consider alternatives to Badger Mutual Insurance if...
If you're not a resident of one of their 10 covered states, you'll have to look elsewhere.
What's my best insurance option?
When shopping for car insurance it's important to compare several quotes side-by-side. This gives you the best pricing & coverage options.
Fill out our short form to receive free quotes, instantly!