Century National is out of business. It offered standard auto insurance policies and had over 200 agents in 41 states. We discuss what people liked about Century National and where to look now to get the same level of coverage.
Century National insurance overview
Century National was established in 1972, and was a prominent provider of property and auto insurance in the west. They had an A rating from AM Best, which made them a top-rated company.
Unfortunately, Century National was closed in 2016 by its parent company National General. Before being closed, Century National offered highly tailored insurance for affordable pricing.
People really liked the coverage options for National Century which is what made them such an enticing choice.
- Property Damage Liability Coverage: Covers the costs incurred from damaging another person’s property.
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage: This pays for the damages if the insured is deemed responsible for injuries or death to another individual.
- Medical Expenses: Pays for medical expenses resulting in injuries caused to your passengers or driver of the insured auto.
- Underinsured And Uninsured Motorist Coverage: Covers medical expenses caused by another driver who doesn't carry enough insurance to pay for all the damages.
- Collision Coverage: Pays for the cost of damage to the insured car when in an at-fault accident.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Covers expenses caused by damage to the insured car by any other means besides an accident. This includes theft, severe weather, tree limbs falling, etc.
Coverage add-ons included:
- Rental Reimbursement: Pays for a rental car while you wait for car repairs after an accident.
- Roadside Assistance: Pays for towing and other roadside assistance if you break down on the side of the road.
- Glass Coverage: Pays for window, and windshield damages after an accident.
- Airbag Replacement Coverage: Pays to replace your airbag if it deploys outside of an accident.
- Umbrella Policy: Adds additional liability coverage if your liability limits have been reached.
Century National insurance discounts
Century National offered a variety of discounts to further their low rates:
- Good Driver Discount: Drivers with a history of good driving (no tickets, accidents, or claims) are eligible for discounts.
- Good Student Discount: Get rewarded with a good student discount if you or someone on your policy has good grades.
- Multi-Policy Discount: Receive a discount for insuring more than one policy with Century National (such as home + auto).
- Multi-Vehicle Discount: Receive a discount for insuring more than one car with Century National.
- Anti-Lock Brakes Discount: Get an additional discount if your vehicle has anti-lock breaks.
- Anti-Theft Device: Install an anti-theft device in your car for a discount.
- Seatbelt Use Discount: Get a discount for always wearing a seatbelt.
- Defensive Driver Discount: Take a defensive driving course to receive a discount.
- Homeowner Discount: Get a discount for owning a home.
- Mature Driver Discount: For insurers over the age of 55 with a history of good driving are eligible for a discount.
- Organization Discount: Some companies receive a discount with Century National.
What now? See our suggestions for different companies.
Below are our top recommendations of insurers with coverage and discounts like National Century:
- Hochheim Prairie Insurance: Hochheim Prairie is an excellent choice in auto insurer for drivers nationwide. They have solid customer support, affordable rates, and many discount options. Hochheim Prairie strives to offer the best possible products, at the lowest possible rates.
- Root Insurance: Root Insurance offers unique app-based car insurance policies. They claim they're able to save most insurers 52% on their car insurance by basing their rates on how well you drive. Root is known for its great customer support and provides an interesting and convenient online experience.
- Providence Mutual Insurance: Providence Mutual is an excellent choice in auto insurer if you live in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, lower New York, Rhode Island. Affordable rates and an A+ rating from BBB make Providence Mutual a competitive insurance option.
What's my best insurance option?
When shopping for car insurance it's important to compare several quotes side-by-side. This gives you the best pricing & coverage options.
Fill out our short form to receive free quotes, instantly!