Cumberland is an excellent choice in auto insurer if you live in Maryland or Pennsylvania. A top-rated company, Cumberland provides standard coverage with affordable rates. Enjoy easy online policy management and bill pay with Cumberland.
Cumberland Mutual Insurance overview
Cumberland Mutual was founded in 1844, and is the oldest mutual property and casualty insurance company in New Jersey.
With 100,000 policyholders, and 430 agents, Cumberland aims to provide the best in customer support and auto coverage. They've achieved this by obtaining an A rating from AM Best and an A+ rating from the BBB.
Cumberland also has a user-friendly website that offers ample resources about auto insurance, and provides an easy way to pay your bill online as well as report claims.
Additional coverage options
Cumberland's auto policies include all the basics plus add-ons such as:
- Rental Reimbursement: This coverage reimburses you for a rental car. This is important when your car is being repaired after an accident.
- Roadside Assistance: Pays for towing and other roadside assistance if you break down on the side of the road.
- Umbrella Policy: Adds more liability coverage if your liability limits have been reached.
Filing a claim is simple:
After you submit a claim, Cumberland Insurance contacts you and assists you through the claims process. File your claim any time on the online claims page, as well as access emergency 24/7 claims numbers.
- Easy Online Account Management: Manage your policies, payments, and claims online conveniently.
- Affordable Rates: Car premiums at Cumberland are lower than average.
- Top Rated: A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
- Lack of Locations: Only available in Maryland and Pennsylvania.
Cumberland coverage options
- Property Damage Liability Coverage: Covers the costs incurred from damaging another person’s property.
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage: This pays for the damages if the insured is deemed responsible for injuries or death to another individual.
- Medical Expenses: Pays for medical expenses resulting in injuries caused to your passengers or driver of the insured auto.
- Under-insured And Uninsured Motorist Coverage: Covers medical expenses caused by another driver who doesn't carry enough insurance to pay for all the damages.
- Collision Coverage: Pays for the cost of damage to the insured car when in an at-fault accident.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Covers expenses caused by damage to the insured car by any other means besides an accident. This includes theft, severe weather, tree limbs falling, etc.
Cumberland insurance discounts
Cumberland offers a variety of discounts to further their low rates.
Here are some discounts you may be eligible for:
- Anti-Theft Device Discount: Receive this discount if your vehicle has qualifying anti-theft devices.
- Anti-Lock Brakes Discount: Available for people with vehicles that have anti-lock brakes.
- Active or Passive Restraint Devices Discount: Insuring a car with active or passive restraint devices earns you this discount.
Consider Cumberland Insurance, if...
If you enjoy easy online management, affordable rates, and discounts Cumberland is an excellent choice for you. Their user-friendly website offers a convenient way to manage your policies, report a claim, and pay your bill.
Their high ratings with AM Best and the Better Business Bureau make them a financially solid company with phenomenal support.
Consider alternatives to Cumberland Insurance, if...
Unfortunately, if you don't live in Pennsylvania or Maryland, Cumberland is unable to provide you with services. We suggest looking into other similar insurers available in your area. Be sure to ask them about available discounts and coverage.
What's my best insurance option?
When shopping for car insurance it's important to compare several quotes side-by-side. This gives you the best pricing & coverage options.
Fill out our short form to receive free quotes, instantly!