National Family is an excellent choice in auto insurer if you live in one of the 19 states it covers. They offer unique policy add-ons and a ton of discounts. High customer satisfaction truly sets National Family apart from its competitors. Overall, National Family is a top pick.
National Family Insurance overview
National Family is a top auto insurance provider. They focus on basic coverage for standard drivers with a lot of discounts to consider.
Their unique policy add-ons like Ridesharing Insurance sets them apart from other insurers.
National Family offers coverage to residents of Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, and Wisconsin.
Additional coverage options
National Family's auto policies include all the basics but have great add-ons if you're looking for more coverage.
- Gap Insurance: Pays your lease or loan balance if your car is totaled.
- Accidental Death And Dismemberment Coverage: Pays out if a car accident causes death or certain injuries, regardless of who's at fault.
- Ridesharing Insurance: Available for customers who drive for services such as Uber or Lyft. It fills a coverage gap while you’re waiting for customers, so you’re fully insured the entire time the app is on.
Filing a claim is simple:
File your claim any time using the above claims form or app. Or call an agent directly.
- Mobile App: A convenient mobile app for managing your policy on the go.
- Ridesharing Coverage Add-On: A unique coverage add-on that most insurers don't offer. A must-have for ridesharing drivers.
- High Customer Satisfaction: National Family has sparkling reviews from policyholders.
- Lack of Locations: Only available in 19 states.
National Family Insurance coverage options
- Property Damage Liability Coverage: Covers the costs incurred from damaging another person’s property.
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage: This pays for the damages if the insured is deemed responsible for injuries or death to another individual.
- Medical Expenses: Pays for medical expenses resulting in injuries caused to your passengers or driver of the insured auto.
- Under-insured And Uninsured Motorist Coverage: Covers medical expenses caused by another driver who doesn't carry enough insurance to pay for all the damages.
- Collision Coverage: Pays for the cost of damage to the insured car when in an at-fault accident.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Covers expenses caused by damage to the insured car by any other means besides an accident. This includes theft, severe weather, tree limbs falling, etc.
National Family insurance discounts
National Family offers a variety of discounts to further their low rates:
- Safety Discount: For equipment like anti-lock brakes, airbags or electronic stability control.
- Good Driver Discount: Discounts to drivers who haven't had a ticket or accident recently.
- Good Student Discounts: Students are eligible if they've good grades.
- Multi-Car Discount: Customers who insure two or more vehicles on one Alfa Insurance policy save.
- Multi-Policy Discount: National Family Insurance customers save by insuring their home and auto insurance together.
- Go Paperless: Pay electronically or set up automatic payments.
- Low Mileage Discount: A discount if you drive less than 7,500 miles per year.
- Loyalty Discount: The longer you stay with National Family, the more discounts you receive.
- KnowYourDrive App Discount: Monitors your driving behavior and gives discounts to good drivers.
National Family offers even more discounts than this! Ask your agent about all the discounts you qualify for and save!
Consider National Family Insurance if...
National Family has convenient online tools and an app available for drivers to use. This, combined with ample discounts and unique coverage options, makes Nation Family highly competitive.
Consider alternatives to National Family Insurance if...
National family is only available in 19 states. If you're located outside of these 19 states, it's best to look at other similar insurers.
What is my best insurance option?
When shopping for car insurance it's important to compare several quotes side-by-side. This gives you the best pricing & coverage options.
Fill out our short form to receive free quotes, instantly!