Since 1826, New London County Mutual Fire Insurance (NLC) has offered affordable insurance. NLC provides auto, home, rental, and umbrella coverage to Connecticut and Rhode Island residents. They offer unique payment plans to fit any budget. Policyholders can make 2, 4, or 10 payments throughout their policy term.
NLC Insurance overview
For over 190 years, New London County Mutual Fire (NLC) has been proudly serving members in the southern New England region. They offer affordable auto, home, renters, and umbrella policies. Their auto insurance policies include standard coverages such as liability and comprehensive. A vast number of discounts make an already competitive rate even better.
NLC auto insurance payment plans
NLC offers customers easy payment options to fit every budget.
- 6-month policy term - Two Pay Plan: This plan has a down payment of 50% and one additional payment of 50%. The second installment is billed 30 days from the policy inception date and includes a $4 service charge.
- 6-month policy term - Four Pay Plan: This plan has a 25% down payment and three remaining equal installments of 25%. The three installments are billed at 30-day intervals beginning 30 days after policy inception. Each installment includes a $4 service charge.
- 1-year policy - Four Pay Plan: This plan has a 25% down payment and three remaining equal installments of 25%. The three remaining installments are billed 30 days, 120 days, and 210 days from the policy's effective date. Each installment includes a $4 service charge.
- 1-year policy - Ten Pay Plan: This plan has a 15% down payment and 9 equal installments billed at 30-day intervals. Each installment has a $4 service charge.
Filing a claim is simple
- Phone: Call NLC's Claims Department at 800-962-0800
- Fax: Send a fax to 860-886-8270
- Online: Fill out the online claim submission form directly on the NLC website nlcinsurance.com/claims.php
- For AFTER HOURS EMERGENCY claims call 800-962-0800
- Easy payment options that fit your budget
- Outstanding customer support
- Excellent rating (A-) with AM Best
- Limited coverage area, only available in Connecticut and Rhode Island
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage: Protects against claims that result in bodily injury to others caused by you in an at-fault accident.
- Property Damage Liability Coverage: Protects against claims that result in damage to the property of others caused by you in an at-fault accident.
- Medical Payments Coverage: Provides coverage for bodily injury to an insured, family member, or a passenger in an insured vehicle regardless of who's responsible for an accident.
- Collision Coverage: Provides coverage for damage to a policyholder's vehicle that's caused by an accident.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Provides coverage for damage to a policyholder's vehicle that's caused by fire, theft, flood, or animal collision. This coverage also pays for broken glass to an insured automobile.
- Uninsured or Under-insured Motorist Coverage: Protection for damages you experience if an uninsured or underinsured or hit and run driver is at-fault for an accident.
NLC car insurance discounts
NLC offers multiple discounts to help lower your monthly premium.
Here are some discounts you may be eligible for:
- Multi-Car Discount: Save by insuring two or more vehicles on your NLC policy.
- Good Student Discount: For high school and college students who maintain a 'B' average or higher.
- Anti-Theft Device Discount: For cars with safety features such as airbags, anti-lock brakes, passive restraints, and anti-theft devices.
- Senior Discount: For drivers over age 62 who have completed a Mature Driver Accident Prevention Course.
- Driver Training Discount: For drivers who complete an approved driving training course.
Consider NLC if...
If you're on a strict budget, NLC offers flexible payment plans that allow you to make 2, 4, or 10 payments throughout your policy term. This unique option, combined with NLC's superb coverages, discounts, and customer support, makes it a great choice for anyone in the southern New England area.
Consider alternatives to NLC if...
If you live outside Connecticut and Rhode Island, you're not eligible for NLC coverage.
What is my best insurance option?
When shopping for car insurance it's important to compare several quotes side-by-side. This gives you the best pricing & coverage options.
Fill out our short form to receive free quotes, instantly!