Ohio Mutual is an excellent insurer for residents of Connecticut, Indiana, Maine, New Hampshire, Ohio, Rhode Island and Vermont. Ohio Mutual has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and writes more than $220m in premiums every year! If you're looking for experience, Ohio Mutual is solid choice.
Ohio Mutual Insurance overview
Ohio Mutual was founded in 1901. With long-term experience, Ohio Mutual offers standard policy coverage for its insures. Its financial rating is considered excellent with an A rating from AM best for 25 years in a row!
Ohio Mutual also offers a range of discounts including senior driver, good student, and multi-policy.
Additional coverage options
Policies offer all of the most common coverage, including liability, collision, and comprehensive. The company also offers add-on coverage options such as:
- New Car Replacement: Ohio Mutual pays what it costs to replace a new car with fewer than 15,000 miles on it that has been totaled or stolen within 12 months after you buy it.
- Stereo Equipment Media Coverage: Covers your stereo equipment, CDs, and stereo devices in case of theft.
- Trip Interruption: Covers expenses for a trip cancellation due to an accident.
- Transportation Costs: Covers your costs associated with renting a car when yours is being repaired.
Filing a claim is relatively simple. You have 2 options:
Policyholders have access to the claims department 24/7 through the provided claims number.
- Pay Online: Although their website is outdated, Ohio Mutual does offer convenient online bill pay.
- High Ratings: Ohio Mutual has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, as well as an A rating from AM best for 25 years in a row!
- Experience: Ohio Mutual writes more than $220m in premiums every year!
- Lack Of Available Locations: Only available in 7 states (Connecticut, Indiana, Maine, New Hampshire, Ohio, Rhode Island and Vermont).
- No online Quote System: Ohio Mutual's website is older and not very user-friendly, with no online quote system available.
- Property and Bodily Liability Insurance: Liability insurance covers medical bills and property damage you cause other people.
- Medical Payments Coverage: This coverage helps to pay for your medical bills after an accident.
- Personal Injury Protection: PIP covers medical bills for you and your passengers.
- Uninsured/Under-insured Motorist Insurance: This type of coverage protects you when you’re hit by a driver who doesn’t have insurance. This also covers you when their insurance limits don't cover the full amount of damage.
- Collision Insurance: Collision insurance covers your car repairs after an accident. It doesn't matter who's at fault.
- Comprehensive Insurance: This insurance covers damage from things outside of your control. This includes fires, floods, and vandalism.
Ohio Mutual car insurance discounts
Ohio Mutual offers a variety of discounts to lower your rates further.
Here are some discounts you may be eligible for:
- Anti-Theft Devices Discount: Adding additional anti-theft devices to your car gets a discount.
- Good Student Discount: If you're a student who gets good grades (Bs or higher), you're eligible for a discount.
- Truck And Sport Utility Vehicles Discount: Receive a discount if you drive a truck or sport utility vehicle.
- 4-Wheel Anti-Lock Brake Discount: You're eligible for a discount if your vehicle has 4-wheel anti-lock brakes.
- Senior Driver Discount (60+): Drivers over 60 who complete an approved motor vehicle accident prevention course, are able to receive discounts.
- Multi-Car Discount: Save by having multiple cars insured with Ohio Mutual.
Consider Ohio Mutual Insurance if...
Ohio Mutual has top ratings and over a century of experience! An A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, as well as an A rating from AM Best shows the level of customer service that Ohio Mutual offers.
Feel confident with Ohio Mutual Insurance as your provider. They write more than $220m in premiums every year!
Consider alternatives to Ohio Mutual Insurance if...
Ohio Mutual doesn't offer an instant online quote and they're only available in Connecticut, Indiana, Maine, New Hampshire, Ohio, Rhode Island and Vermont. If you don't live in one of the service areas or if an online quote is important to you, consider alternatives to Ohio Mutual.
What's my best insurance option?
When shopping for car insurance it's important to compare several quotes side-by-side. This gives you the best pricing & coverage options.
Fill out our short form to receive free quotes, instantly!