Founded in 1894, Oregon Mutual Insurance is the oldest independent mutual insurance company on the West Coast. They provide auto, home, business, farm, and winery coverage to California, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington. Whether calling for a quote, a question, or a claim, Oregon Mutual delivers outstanding customer service.
Oregon Mutual overview
Oregon Mutual Insurance has provided excellent service to West Coast residents for over 120 years. They go above and beyond to protect you, your pets, your children, and your personal belongings. This high standard sets Oregon Mutual apart from other auto insurance companies.
Additional coverage options
In addition to the standard coverage available, Oregon Mutual offers great options that set them apart from other auto insurers.
- Diminishing Deductible: Reduces your collision deductible for each year of safe driving.
- Accident Forgiveness: Protects an increased premium after an at-fault accident.
- Roadside Assistance and Towing: Protection on the road 24/7 when your vehicle breaks down.
- Vehicle Upgrade: If your vehicle is determined a total loss, Oregon Mutual upgrades you to a new car.
- Pet Injury: Coverage for your pet's injuries if it's in an auto accident with you.
- Child Safety Seat Replacement: If your covered vehicle is in an accident and you have a child safety seat in the car, Oregon Mutual replaces it.
Filing a claim is simple
- Phone: Claim Reporting Center, 1-800-934-3809
- Unlike most other auto insurers, if your car is totaled, Oregon Mutual gets two evaluations instead of one and pays the higher amount
- A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau
- Many discounts that help lower your premium
- Limited coverage areas, only available to residents of California, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington.
- Liability Coverage: Protection if you're at-fault in an accident and are responsible for injuries or damages to others.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Coverage for your vehicle from claims like theft, vandalism, weather, and falling objects.
- Collision Coverage: Protection for damage to your vehicle if you have a covered accident such as colliding with another vehicle or experience a single-vehicle accident.
- Under-insured/Uninsured Motorist Coverage: Protection for damages you experience if an uninsured or under-insured or hit and run driver is at-fault for an accident.
- Property Damage: Protection for your personal property if you experience an auto accident.
- Personal Injury Protection: Provides coverage for expenses related to injuries from an accident such as lost wages and child care expenses.
Oregon Mutual car insurance discounts
Oregon Mutual offers an array of discounts to help lower your monthly premium.
Here are some discounts you may be eligible for:
- Defensive Driver Discount: For drivers who complete an approved defensive driving course.
- Anti-Theft Devices Discount: For cars with safety features such as airbags, anti-lock brakes, passive restraints, and anti-theft devices.
- Family Discount: Get a discount for insuring your family members under your policy.
- Loyalty Discount: Based on the number of years a policy is insured with Oregon Mutual. It pays to renew your policy year after year.
- Low Mileage Discount: For drivers who drive their vehicle less than 7,500 miles annually.
- Military Deployment Discount: Available for all current, active military members and family.
- Package Discount: Save by bundling your auto insurance policy with one of Oregon Mutual's other coverages such as home, business, farm, and winery.
Consider Oregon Mutual if...
If you want an auto insurance company that treats you as more than just a consumer, Oregon Mutual is an excellent option. Their knowledgeable agents help you find the perfect coverage for your needs. They apply any discounts you're eligible for so you're guaranteed the lowest monthly rate possible!
Consider alternatives to Oregon Mutual if...
If you live outside California, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington, you're not eligible for coverage with Oregon Mutual.
What's my best insurance option?
When shopping for car insurance it's important to compare several quotes side-by-side. This gives you the best pricing & coverage options.
Fill out our short form to receive free quotes, instantly!