Pekin is an excellent choice in auto insurer if you live in Arizona, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin. They offer great coverage options for standard drivers and ample discounts that most people qualify for. They consistently provide top customer service and serve more than 900,000 policyholders.
Pekin Insurance overview
Established in 1921, Pekin Insurance is one of the nation’s most successful insurance providers. Headquartered in Pekin, Illinois, they have over 1,500 agencies, and 8,500 independent agents ready to assist drivers in their coverage options.
The company started offering 25-hour claim services in 1932. Today, they serve 900,000 policyholders. Accredited with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 1949, they currently have an A+ rating.
Additional coverage options
Pekin's auto policies include all the basics but if you're looking for more coverage, consider their Auto Guard Endorsement package.
The Auto Guard Endorsement package includes:
- Extended Rental Car Coverage:
- Accidental Airbag Deployment
- Additional Towing and Labor
- Trip Interruption protection
- Personal Effects coverage
- Key Replacement
- Fire Department charges
- Pet Coverage
- Tire Protection
- Deductible Waiver
Other add-ons offered:
- Roadside Assistance: Offers towing and other services for when your car breaks down on the side of the road.
- Rental Reimbursement: This coverage reimburses you for a rental car. This is important when you're waiting for car repairs after an accident.
- Accidental Death Benefit: Provides insurance coverage for the loved ones of an insured who dies as a result of injuries sustained in an accident.
- $0 Deductible For Glass Claims: Waives the comprehensive insurance deductible that would otherwise apply to a glass claim.
- New Car Replacement: If the damage to your new car is determined to be a total loss after an accident, Pekin Insurance covers the vehicle at its full replacement value.
- Coverage for sound receiving and transmission equipment: Provides $1,000 for certain electronic equipment and $200 for tapes, records, discs, and other media.
- Auto/Loan Lease coverage: This covers the difference between the debt you still owe on your loan/lease agreement and the actual cash value of your car after it's totaled in an accident.
- Young Adult Protection Plus (a package endorsement aimed at young adults): For young adults just starting out in life. Includes coverages provided under the Auto Guard Endorsement: $10,000 Accidental Death, Identity Fraud Expense, and Personal Property (ACV) limit of $5,000.
Filing a claim is simple:
- Claims Phone Number: 888-735-4611
Call the claims number to speak to an agent.
- Easy Online Bill Pay: Pay your bill online conveniently.
- Good Discount Offerings: Pekin has a lot of great discounts to choose from that help to lower your rates even further!
- Online Account Management: Manage your policy and file claims from your online account.
Lack of Locations: Only available in Arizona, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, and Wisconsin.
Pekin Insurance coverage options
- Property Damage Liability Coverage: Covers the costs incurred from damaging another person’s property.
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage: This pays for the damages if the insured is deemed responsible for injuries or death to another individual.
- Medical Expenses: Pays for medical expenses resulting in injuries caused to your passengers or driver of the insured auto.
- Under-insured And Uninsured Motorist Coverage: Covers medical expenses caused by another driver who doesn't carry enough insurance to pay for all the damages.
- Collision Coverage: Pays for the cost of damage to the insured car when in an at-fault accident.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Covers expenses caused by damage to the insured car by any other means besides an accident. This includes theft, severe weather, tree limbs falling, etc.
Pekin Insurance discounts
Pekin offers a variety of discounts to lower your rates further. Here are some discounts you may be eligible for:
- Loss Free Discount: Get a discount by not having any auto claims for 3 or more years.
- Multi-Car Discount: Receive a discount for insuring more than one vehicle with Pekin.
- Multi-Policy Discount: Receive a discount for having multiple policies with Pekin.
- Good Student Discount: Get rewarded with a good student discount if you or someone on your policy has good grades.
- Low Mileage Discount: If you drive less than 7,500 miles annually you're eligible for a low mileage car insurance discount.
- Hybrid Auto Discount: Vehicles powered by more than one energy source may qualify for a hybrid auto insurance discount with Pekin insurance
- 45-Plus Mature Drivers Discount: Drivers over the age of 45 may qualify for this discount.
Consider Pekin Insurance if...
Pekin is a top choice insurer for those looking for great coverage, excellent customer service, and a variety of discounts. Their online tools and resources make managing and paying for your policies super easy and convenient.
Consider alternatives to Pekin Insurance if...
Pekin is only available in Arizona, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, and Wisconsin. If you live outside of these states, look into similar insurers in your area.
What's my best insurance option?
When shopping for car insurance it's important to compare several quotes side-by-side. This gives you the best pricing & coverage options.
Fill out our short form to receive free quotes, instantly!