Pioneer State Mutual is an excellent choice in auto insurer if you live in Michigan. They're a top-rated BBB company with affordable rates and 24/7 claims services. Online policy management is easy with their online services portal and convenient app.
Pioneer State Mutual insurance overview
Pioneer State Mutual was established in 1908 and has evolved to serve Michigan drivers with a variety of auto needs.
Pioneer State policies are sold through local independent agents across the state of Michigan. By keeping their services in Michigan, Pioneer has been able to provide the best in class service for their agents and policyholders while maintaining a sound financial base.
Pioneer State offers additional features like a roadside assistance plan for 24/7 assistance anywhere in the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada.
Additional coverage options
Pioneer State Mutual's policies include all the basics plus add-ons such as:
- Roadside Assistance: Offers towing and other services for when your car breaks down on the side of the road.
- Extended Transportation Expense Coverage: Covers additional expenses for renting a car when yours is being repaired.
- New Car Replacement: If your car is totaled in an accident and is a newer model car, Pioneer State Mutual replaces it.
Filing a claim is simple:
Use Pioneer State Mutual's easy and convenient online system or app to file a claim.
- 24/7 Claims: File your claims 24/7 with Pioneer's online portal and mobile app.
- Affordable Rates: Car premiums at Pioneer State Mutual are lower than average.
- Top Rated: An A- rating with the Better Business Bureau.
- Lack of Locations: Only available in Michigan.
- Property Damage Liability Coverage: Covers the costs incurred from damaging another person’s property.
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage: This pays for the damages if the insured is deemed responsible for injuries or death to another individual.
- Medical Expenses: Pays for medical expenses resulting in injuries caused to your passengers or driver of the insured auto.
- Under-insured And Uninsured Motorist Coverage: Covers medical expenses caused by another driver who doesn't carry enough insurance to pay for all the damages.
- Collision Coverage: Pays for the cost of damage to the insured car when in an at-fault accident.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Covers expenses caused by damage to the insured car by any other means besides an accident. This includes theft, severe weather, tree limbs falling, etc.
Pioneer State Mutual insurance discounts
Pioneer State Mutual offers a variety of discounts to further their low rates. Here are some discounts you may be eligible for:
- Driving Experience: Drivers with a history of good driving are eligible for discounts.
- Good Student Discount: Get rewarded with a good student discount if you or someone on your policy has good grades.
- Multi-Policy Discount: Receive a discount for insuring more than one policy with Pioneer State Mutual.
- Anti-Lock Brakes Discount: Get an additional discount if your vehicle has anti-lock breaks.
- Anti-Theft Device: Install an anti-theft device in your car for a discount.
- Annual Policy: Get a discount for purchasing an annual policy.
Consider Pioneer State Mutual Insurance if...
Pioneer State Mutual has a top A- rating from the BBB, with affordable rates. If easy online policy management is your thing, consider Pioneer State Mutual. Their online portal and convenient app make filing claims a breeze.
Consider alternatives to Pioneer State Mutual Insurance if...
Pioneer State Mutual is, unfortunately, only available in Michigan. If you're looking for insurance outside of Michigan, Pioneer State Mutual isn't for you. More over, if you're currently living in Michigan but expect to move in the near future, keep in mind that Pioneer State Mutual won't be able to follow you.
What is my best insurance option?
When shopping for car insurance it's important to compare several quotes side-by-side. This gives you the best pricing & coverage options.
Fill out our short form to receive free quotes, instantly!