Rural Mutual is an excellent auto insurance choice if you live in Wisconsin. Specializing in the needs of Wisconsin drivers, Rural Mutual has over 150 agents in the state to provide local support. With an A+ financial rating from AM Best, Rural Mutual has you covered.
Rural Mutual Insurance overview
Body: Rural Mutual has been providing insurance coverage in Wisconsin since 1934. It's considered one of the top 50 insurers in the country with over 150 agents in Wisconsin alone.
It’s affiliated with the Wisconsin Farm Bureau, and Farm Bureau membership is required to purchase Rural Mutual Insurance. Farm Bureau membership is open to anyone and costs between $50 and $60 per year depending on your county.
Rural Mutual offers affordable rates and discounts with an A+ financial rating from AM Best.
Additional coverage options
Rural Mutual's auto policies include all the basics plus add-ons such as:
- Rental Reimbursement: This coverage reimburses you for a rental car. This is important when you're waiting for car repairs after an accident.
- Roadside Assistance: Pays for towing and other roadside assistance if you break down on the side of the road.
- Identity Protection: Access free identity theft protection services through CyberScout.
Filing a claim is simple:
After you submit a claim, an adjuster contacts you within 24 hours.
- Local Agents Throughout Wisconsin: 150 agents are available throughout Wisconsin.
- Affordable Rates: Car premiums at Rural Mutual are lower than average.
- Top Rated: A+ financial strength rating from AM Best.
- Lack of Locations: Only available in Wisconsin.
- Property Damage Liability Coverage: Covers the costs incurred from damaging another person’s property.
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage: This pays for the damages if the insured is deemed responsible for injuries or death to another individual.
- Medical Expenses: Pays for medical expenses resulting in injuries caused to your passengers or driver of the insured auto.
- Under-insured And Uninsured Motorist Coverage: Covers medical expenses caused by another driver who doesn't carry enough insurance to pay for all the damages.
- Collision Coverage: Pays for the cost of damage to the insured car when in an at-fault accident.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Covers expenses caused by damage to the insured car by any other means besides an accident. This includes theft, severe weather, tree limbs falling, etc.
Rural Mutual Insurance discounts
Rural Mutual offers a variety of discounts to lower your rates further.
Here are some discounts you may be eligible for:
- Pay In Full: If you choose to pay your premium in full at the start of each term, you get a discount.
- Claims Free: Get a discount by not having any recent auto claims.
- Multi-Car Discount: Receive a discount for insuring more than one vehicle with Rural Mutual.
- Multi-Policy Discount: Receive a discount for having multiple policies with Rural Mutual.
- Good Student Discount: Get rewarded with a good student discount if you or someone on your policy has good grades.
Consider Rural Mutual Insurance, if...
If you live in Wisconsin, Rural Mutual is a top choice for a local insurer. They've over 150 agents in the state that have first-hand knowledge of the area and insurance practices. An AM Best financial rating of an A+ lets you know you're secure with Rural Mutual.
Affordable pricing and ample discount options help you get the best possible insurance rates.
Consider alternatives to Rural Mutual Insurance, if...
If you're not located in Wisconsin, Rural Mutual isn't for you. Rural Mutual specializes in the auto needs of Wisconsin drivers. If you currently live in Wisconsin but have plans to move soon, keep this in mind as Rural Mutual won't be able to follow you.
If you like Rural Mutual's policies but don't live in the area, we suggest writing down the policies that matter most to you for easy comparison when looking at other insurers.
What's my best insurance option?
When shopping for car insurance it's important to compare several quotes side-by-side. This gives you the best pricing & coverage options.
Fill out our short form to receive free quotes, instantly!