Safety is an excellent auto insurer for residents of Maine, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire. Their flexible billing options and great coverage make Safety incredibly competitive. A convenient mobile app and website make managing your policy a breeze.
Safety Insurance overview
Safety Insurance was founded in Massachusetts in 1979. They've become the second-largest local auto carrier in Massachusetts.
Safety Insurance offers coverage through a network of independent agents. They don't offer online quotes, but they do have an online account management and support system once you get signed up. Safety also offers a convenient mobile app to manage your policies and claims on the go.
Flexible billing options, great coverage, and ample discounts make Safety Insurance a top insurance choice.
Additional coverage options
Safety's auto policies include all the basics but if you're looking for more coverage, consider these 2 add-on packages:
- Safety Shield:
- Disappearing Collision Deductible (MA)
- Collision Waiver of Deductible (NH, ME)
- Full Glass Coverage (NH, ME)
- Rental Vehicle Loss of Income Coverage (MA)
- Guaranteed Replacement Cost (MA, NH, ME)
- Personal Effects (MA)
- Emergency Road Travel Expenses (MA, NH, ME)
- Airbag mechanical failure/coverage (MA, NH, ME)
- Supplemental Towing and Labor (MA)
- Transportation expenses (NH, ME)
- Safety Shield Plus (only in MA):
- Accident Forgiveness
- Expanded Personal Effects Coverage
- Pet Coverage
- Seat Belt Coverage
- Bail Bonds
Filing a claim is simple:
File your claim any time using the above claims form or mobile app. Or call the claims number to speak to an agent directly 24 hours a day.
- Easy-To-Use Website: Pay your bill and manage your policy online.
- Flexible Billing Options: You're able to pay your premium upfront or set up a monthly bill pay.
- VIP Claims Centers: Signing up for Safety's VIP Claims Center is a great way to expedite the claims settlement process.
- Mobile App: A convenient mobile app to manage your policies online.
- Lack of Locations: Only available in Maine, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire.
- Slow Claims Process: Some customers have experienced delays and say that the claims process required multiple follow-ups.
Safety Insurance coverage options
- Property Damage Liability Coverage: Covers the costs incurred from damaging another person’s property.
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage: This pays for the damages if the insured is deemed responsible for injuries or death to another individual.
- Medical Expenses: Pays for medical expenses resulting in injuries caused to your passengers or driver of the insured auto.
- Under-insured And Uninsured Motorist Coverage: Covers medical expenses caused by another driver who doesn't carry enough insurance to pay for all the damages.
- Collision Coverage: Pays for the cost of damage to the insured car when in an at-fault accident.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Covers expenses caused by damage to the insured car by any other means besides an accident. This includes theft, severe weather, tree limbs falling, etc.
Safety insurance discounts
Safety offers a variety of discounts to lower your rates further. Here are some discounts you may be eligible for:
- Multi-Car Discount: Receive a discount for insuring more than one vehicle with Safety.
- Multi-Policy Discount: Receive a discount for having multiple policies with Safety.
- Good Student Discount: Get rewarded with a good student discount if you or someone on your policy has good grades.
- Good Driver Discount: Drivers with a history of good driving (no tickets, accidents, or claims) for 5 years are eligible for discounts.
- Safe Roads Alliance: Policyholders who participate in the In-Control Crash Prevention program and become members of Safe Roads Alliance are eligible for a discount.
- Away At School Discount: Students who are away at school more than 100 miles from home and without regular access to a vehicle are eligible for a discount.
- E-Customer Discount: Save when you qualify for an account credit or a multi-car discount and select electronic policy issuance.
- Loyalty Discount: Receive a discount for continuous years insured with Safety or their agent.
Consider Safety Insurance if...
Safety offers policyholders many conveniences such as a user-friendly website and a mobile app for managing your policies on the go. Flexible billing options through the website and app, make it easy to pay your bills when it's best for you.
Sign up for their VIP Claims Process for expedited claims support.
Consider alternatives to Safety Insurance if...
If you don't live in Maine, Massachusetts, or New Hampshire, consider another insurer. Make note of what you like about Safety to compare with your local insurers.
Another downside to Safety is that some policyholders complain of a slow claim process that requires multiple follow-ups.
What's my best insurance option?
When shopping for car insurance it's important to compare several quotes side-by-side. This gives you the best pricing & coverage options.
Fill out our short form to receive free quotes, instantly!