Vermont Mutual is one of the oldest mutual insurers in the US! AM Best gives them an A+ rating and they're known for providing excellent customer service and a simple claims process. Affordable rates and easy online resources make our top choice for any driver looking for standard car insurance.
Vermont Mutual insurance overview
Vermont Mutual Insurance was founded in 1828 and is one of the 10 oldest mutual insurers in the US. With over 800 independent agencies, Vermont Mutual insures more than 285,000 policyholders.
Vermont Mutual is rated A+ by AM Best for its excellent customer service. It's been named as one of the top 50 performing property/casualty companies in the US.
Filing a claim is simple:
- Claim Phone Number: 1-800-873-4948
Once you report your claim, a representative reaches out to you to walk you through the necessary steps to process your claim.
- Excellent Online Resources: Policyholders are able to access billing and payment information, policy documents, auto ID cards, claim information, and personalized convenience reminders in MyVM online account.
- Affordable Rates: Car premiums at Vermont Mutual are lower than average.
- Top Rated: Rated an A+ by AM Best.
- Lack Of Available Locations: Only available in Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Vermont.
- Property Damage Liability Coverage: Covers the costs incurred from damaging another person’s property.
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage: Pays for damages if the insured is deemed responsible for injuries or death to another individual.
- Medical Expenses: Pays for medical expenses resulting in injuries caused to your passengers or driver of the insured auto.
- Under-insured And Uninsured Motorist Coverage: Covers medical expenses caused by another driver who doesn't carry enough insurance to pay for all the damages.
- Collision Coverage: Pays for the cost of damages to the insured car when in an at-fault accident.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Covers expenses caused by damage to the insured car by any other means besides an accident. This includes theft, severe weather, tree limbs falling, etc.
Vermont Mutual insurance discounts
Vermont Mutual offers a variety of discounts to lower your rates further.
Here are some discounts you may be eligible for:
- Safety and Security Equipment Discount: Airbags, anti-theft devices, etc may decrease your rates.
- Multi-Policy Discount: Save by having multiple policies with Vermont Mutual Insurance.
- Multi-Car Discount: Receive a discount for insuring more than one vehicle with Vermont Mutual.
Consider Vermont Mutual Insurance if...
- You like managing your own account online. Vermont Mutual's online account system, called MyVM, allows you to access billing and payment information, policy documents, auto ID cards, claim information, and build personalized convenience reminders.
- You want reliable and immediate customer service. Vermont Mutual is great for those looking for good customer service. Top-rated, Vermont Mutual has an A+ rating by AM Best.
- You're shopping for competitive rates. Vermont Mutual has some of the best rates in the industry and provides discounts for a variety of good behaviors.
Consider alternatives to Vermont Mutual Insurance if...
- You live in a different state. Vermont Mutual is only available in Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Vermont at this time. If you're looking for an insurer outside of these states, Vermont Mutual isn't for you.
What's my best insurance option?
When shopping for car insurance it's important to compare several quotes side-by-side. This gives you the best pricing & coverage options.
Fill out our short form to receive free quotes, instantly!