Westfield Insurance is a great auto insurer for residents of one of the 10 covered states. Excellent ratings and customer service make them a reliable insurer. A variety of discounts keep Westfield's rates highly competitive. They have several subsidiaries that work in tandem to give the best possible coverages.
Westfield insurance overview
Founded in 1848, Westfield Insurance Company is headquartered in Available in 10 states, Westfield is one of the largest private companies in Ohio. They have hundreds of agents available to serve your needs and are offer excellent customer service.
Westfield provides coverage to residents of Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and West Virginia.
Westfield owns multiple insurance providers within these states and gives coverage through these providers:
- Ohio Farmers Insurance Company
- Westfield Insurance Company
- Westfield National Insurance Company
- American Select Insurance Company
- Old Guard Insurance Company
Their ample discounts paired with excellent customer service and ratings makes Westfield highly competitive in the market. Drivers also enjoy a user-friendly website with bill pay and a ton of resources.
Additional coverage options
Westfield auto policies include all the basics plus add-ons such as:
- Roadside Assistance: Covers you if your car breaks down, you lock yourself out of your car, get a flat tire or run out of gas.
- Gap Insurance: If your car is totaled, this covers the remaining balance of your car loan or lease.
Filing a claim is simple:
- Claims Phone Number: 800-243-0210
Call the 24/ 7 claims number to speak to an agent directly.
- Easy Online Bill Pay: Pay your bill online conveniently.
- Great Discount Options: Tons of available discounts allow you to lower your rates further.
- Award-Winning Customer Service: Westfield is known for having excellent customer service with an A+ rating from the BBB and an A rating from AM Best.
- Online Resources: Westfield has ample online resources to take advantage of.
- Only available in 10 states: Only available in Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, West Virginia.
- No Online Quotes: You have to call an agent to receive a quote.
Westfield Insurance coverage options
- Property Damage Liability Coverage: Covers the costs incurred from damaging another person’s property.
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage: This pays for the damages if the insured is deemed responsible for injuries or death to another individual.
- Medical Expenses: Pays for medical expenses resulting in injuries caused to your passengers or driver of the insured auto.
- Under-insured And Uninsured Motorist Coverage: Covers medical expenses caused by another driver who doesn't carry enough insurance to pay for all the damages.
- Collision Coverage: Pays for the cost of damage to the insured car when in an at-fault accident.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Covers expenses caused by damage to the insured car by any other means besides an accident. This includes theft, severe weather, tree limbs falling, etc.
Westfield insurance discounts
Westfield offers a variety of discounts to lower your rates further. Here are some discounts you may be eligible for:
- Loss-Free Discount: Discounts are available customers who haven’t had a claim in the past five years.
- Next Generation Discount: Consumers between the ages of 22 and 29 who were on their parents’ Westfield Insurance policy receive a discount.
- Defensive Driver Discount: Receive a discount for attending an approved driver education program.
- Companion Car Discount: Living with someone who also has a vehicle insured by Westfield Insurance could qualify you for a discount.
- Company Car Discount: Receive a discount if there's a company car on your policy.
- Prior Carrier Discount: Drivers who've been with a prior carrier for 3 years without a violation are eligible for a discount.
- Multi-Policy Discount: Having a home and auto insured with Westfield Insurance qualifies policyholders for a discount.
- Loyalty Discount: If you’ve been with Westfield Insurance for a certain number of years, you may qualify for a discount.
- Account Relationship Discount: Insuring a business and home with Westfield Insurance could qualify drivers for a discount
- Good Student Discount: Students are eligible for a discount as a result of earning good grades.
Consider Westfield Insurance if...
If you live in the upper Midwest, Westfield is one of the best local insurers available. They offer the best of both worlds in regards to one-on-one agent service with a modern, website full of resources.
A large variety of discounts give Westfield an edge by making their service below-average in cost, but above-average in quality. They also have an A+ rating from the BBB and an A rating from AM Best.
Consider alternatives to Westfield Insurance if...
Westfield insurance is only available in 10 states. If you're not located in one of these states, you'll have to look elsewhere.
They also don't offer an online instant quote tool so if you're looking to get an online quote to compare to others quickly, look at another insurer.
What's my best insurance option?
When shopping for car insurance it's important to compare several quotes side-by-side. This gives you the best pricing & coverage options.
Fill out our short form to receive free quotes, instantly!