The average cost of insurance for a Dodge Challenger is $245 per month. However, there are ways to cut this price and save money with discounts. Explore your options, today.
Dodge Challenger insurance rates
The estimated rate of auto insurance for a Dodge Challenger in 2020 is around $245 per month. It works out to be a sum total of $2,940 a year. This estimate is pricey, but don't worry - we have some money-saving tips to help you save.
What factors influence your Dodge Challenger insurance rates?
Features that play a role in your auto insurance premiums are the following:
- Car Type: The Dodge Challenger has an impressive horsepower of 840, and so it's seen by insurance companies as a muscle/sports car.
- Car Build: The Dodge Challenger is a two-door coupe sports car designed for performance.
- Repair Prices: The lower-end Dodge Challengers are likely to be less expensive to repair, with an average cost of $625 per year. However, if it's a more costly model, you may pay more for your insurance premium.
- Safety: Challengers have a higher than average safety rate when compared to conservative vehicles. This leads to a lower insurance rate.
- Fuel Usage: The Dodge Challenger runs on gas. It's got a cheaper engine to repair than cars that run on diesel; thus, your rates are lower.
- Extra Features: Models with increased power get higher insurance rates - unless the build your car has includes additional safety features.
How to save money on coverage for Dodge Challenger insurance
Although Dodge Challenger insurance rates are expensive, there are ways for you to cut the costs with discounts, such as the following:
- New car discount: Save an approximate 7% on your insurance rate if your Challenger is brand new and you're the first owner.
- Anti-lock brake discount: An anti-lock brake makes your car more secure, and can make you eligible for a discount.
- Anti-theft discount: All Dodge Challengers with anti-theft features are eligible for an anti-theft discount.
- Passive restraint discount: All Challengers with installed airbags, motorized seat belts, and other safety measures are eligible for the passive restraint discount.
- Combining policies: Combine your insurance with an existing auto insurance policy or home policy to cut back on premium costs. Allstate offers bundling discounts of up to 25%. Get free Allstate quotes, today!
- Good student discount: Car insurance can be pricey for young drivers. Apply for a discount if you've got a B average (or higher), or 2.7 GPA (or higher), to save money.
- Safe driver discount: A clean driving record makes you eligible for a discount. Apply for this lower rate if you've completed good driver's courses and can prove you've got strong driving skills. Liberty Mutual offers safe drivers up to 30% off. Get instant Liberty Mutual quotes, today!
- Reduce coverage: Opt-out of optional coverage policies, such as the collision coverage (coverage for no-fault accidents), and save more money.
Companies with the best Dodge Challenger insurance rates
We've compiled a list of the best insurance companies with the most compeitive rates to insure your Dodge Challenger:
- Progressive: Progressive is one of the best auto insurance companies on the block, with competitive rates and opportunities for multiple discounts. The average yearly price for Dodge Challenger insurance is between $218 and $362, depending on the model. Learn more about Progressive, here!
- GEICO: The average annual rate for a Dodge Challenger policy is between $200 and $345, depending on the model. Check your eligibility for discounts, to make it even more affordable. GEICO has been providing insurance for over 75 years, and customers report saving an average of $500 on annual premiums.
- State Farm: State Farm provides the cheapest insurance rates, with yearly policies costing between $160 and $300, depending on the model. State Farm also has discounts for safe drivers, such as the Accident-Free Discount and the Good Driving Discount.
3 things to consider about Dodge Challenger insurance
- There are many factors that your insurance company uses to work out your policy. To find the best insurance rate for you, look at a minimum of 3 different quotes.
- Limited coverage is sometimes caused due to policy restrictions. Know your options and which restrictions apply to you.
- Avoid paying for overlapping coverage by finding out what is already covered by your Dodge Challenger warranty.
Get the best rates for your Dodge Challenger, now!
Get instant quotes tailored to your needs - fill out our short form, today!