The average Insurance rate for a Dodge Charger is $173 per month, or $2,076 annually. Although coverage is expensive, comparing quotes from multiple companies can help you find the best rates. Also be sure to check your eligibility for discounts. Get started, today.
Dodge Charger insurance rates
Dodge Chargers are expensive to get insurance for, with average rates of $173 a month, or $2,076 a year. This price is due to the fact that the car is a mid-range sedan that's designed to be a four-door muscle car. The average price for a Dodge Charger is $27995, giving a 7.4 cost-to-base ratio for your insurance rates.
The factors that your insurance company consider when working out your rates, such as the following:
- Your location
- Driving history
- Car model
What factors influence your Dodge Charger insurance rates?
Some features that play a role in your auto insurance premiums are the following:
- Car Type: The Dodge Charger has an impressive horsepower of 840, and so it's seen by insurance companies as a muscle/sports car. Your coverage is more expensive due to the model of your Charger, as well as its overall system makeup.
- Car Build: This sports car is a two-door coupe that's designed for performance. This is another factor that makes it typically more expensive to insure.
- Repair Prices: The lower-end Dodge Chargers are likely to be less expensive to repair, with an average cost of $625 per year. However, if it's a more expensive model you pay more on your insurance premiums.
- Safety: Chargers have a higher than average safety rate when compared to conservative vehicles, this leads to a lower insurance rate.
- Fuel Usage: The Dodge Charger runs on gas. It's got a cheaper engine to repair than cars that run on diesel, thus your rates are lower.
- Extra Features: Models with increased power get higher insurance rates - unless the build you opt for includes extra safety features.
How to save money on coverage for Dodge Charger insurance
Although Dodge Charger insurance rates are expensive, there are ways for you to cut the costs with discounts, such as the following:
- New car discount: Save an approximate 7% on your insurance rate if your Charger is brand new and you're the first owner.
- Anti-lock brake discount: An anti-lock brake makes your car more secure, and can make you eligible for a discount.
- Anti-theft discount: All Dodge Chargers with anti-theft features are eligible for an anti-theft discount.
- Passive restraint discount: All Dodge Chargers with anti-theft features are eligible for an anti-theft discount.
- One policy: Combine your insurance with an existing auto insurance policy or home policy to cut back on premium costs. Allstate offers bundling discounts of up to 25%. Get free Allstate quotes, today!
- Good student discount: Car insurance can be pricey for young drivers. Apply for a discount if you've got a B average (or higher), or 2.7 GPA (or higher), to save money.
- Safe driver discount: A clean driving record makes you eligible for a discount. Apply for this lower rate if you've completed good driver's courses and can prove you've got strong driving skills. Liberty Mutual offers safe drivers up to 30% off. Get instant Liberty Mutual quotes, today!
- Reduce coverage: Opt-out of optional coverage policies, such as the collision coverage (coverage for no-fault accidents), and save more money.
Companies with the best Dodge Charger insurance rates
We've compiled a list of the best insurance companies to get your Dodge Charger insurance policy, including the following:
- Progressive: Progressive's one of the best auto insurance companies on the block, with competitive rates and opportunities for multiple discounts. The average yearly rate for Dodge Challenger insurance is between $230 and $371 depending on the model. Learn more about Progressive, here!
- GEICO: The average annual rate for a Dodge Charger policy is between $190 and $375, depending on the model. Check your eligibility for discounts, to make it even more affordable. GEICO has been providing insurance for over 75 years, and customers report saving an average of $500 on annual premiums.
- State Farm: State Farm has the cheapest insurance rates, with yearly policies costing between $160 and $295, depending on the model. State Farm also provides many discounts for safe drivers, such as the Accident-Free Discount and the Good Driving Discount.
3 things to consider about Dodge Charger insurance
- There are many factors that your insurance company uses to work out your policy. To find the best insurance rate for you, compare at least 3 different quotes.
- Limited coverage is caused due to policy restrictions. Know your options and which policy restrictions apply to you.
- Avoid paying for overlapping coverage by finding out how much coverage you already have with your Dodge Charger warranty.
Get the best rates for your Dodge Charger, now!
Get instant quotes tailored to your needs - fill out our short form, today!