National General Auto insurance includes basic comprehensive, collision and liability coverage. National General Insurance also provides RV, home, business, accident and health policies. In addition, they’re known for their many auto insurance discount options and roadside assistance. Get affordable premiums and reliable service, today!
National General Auto Insurance overview
National General Auto insurance has almost 80 years of insurance experience. Their headquarters are based in New York City. After being established in 1939, their long experience insuring cars, trucks, RVs and more make them a reliable option.
They provide coverage nationwide, with customized auto insurance policies available. They have a wide range of coverage plans and eye-catching discounts to help you save on your annual premiums.
Their dedicated teams work on providing you with the best auto insurance policy that’s suited to your needs. Their online claims center is open 24 hours, with additional roadside assistance available.
- Online service: National General Insurance provides a user-friendly online portal for claims and payments.
- Nationwide roadside assistance: Get roadside assistance to protect you during your travels across the U.S. This includes towing, tire changes, winching services and more.
- 24-hour service: Representatives are available to you around the clock, making it easy for you to get coverage.
- No high-risk coverage: National General is a standard insurance company. They don’t provide affordable high-risk or SR-22 insurance plans.
- No mobile app: Mobile apps assist you in making fast returns and payments. Unfortunately, this option isn’t available with National General Insurance.
- Collision Coverage: Damage caused to your car during an at-fault accident gets covered. This policy doesn’t include medical bills.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Covers damage done to your car that isn’t caused by another vehicle. It includes theft, severe weather, a falling tree branch or telephone pole, etc.
- Uninsured motorists coverage: If you’re involved in an accident with a hit-and-run driver, your auto repairs get covered.
- Property damage liability: Damages caused to someone else’s property during a collision are paid for.
- Bodily injury liability: You’re covered for injury that you cause to someone else. This is an essential service if you drive daily.
- RV Insurance: Get insurance on your RV and be protected during at-fault and not-at fault accidents.
- Roadside Assistance: Get towing, tire changes, winching services and more if your car breaks down.
National General Auto Insurance discounts
- Paid-in-Full Discount: Get a lower auto premium by paying up front and in full.
- RVs and Autos on One Convenient Policy: Combine your RV and auto insurance policy into one bundle and get a 20% discount. Also, if you’re in an accident with both your RV and car at the same time, then you only pay for one deductible.
- Affinity Discounts: Depending on your memberships, you’re able to get a discounted rate. National General insurance is partnered with a variety of organizations, including Onstar.
- Paperless Discount: Get a discounted rate if you switch to electronic billing and payment.
- Auto Pay Discount: Make automatic payments to receive a lower premium .
- Low Mileage Discount: This is a discount given to members of OnStar that keep their mileage at a minimum and don’t drive often.
- Safe Driver Discount: Get a reduced price with General Insurance if you’ve gone 3-5 years without an at-fault accident.
- Multi-Car Discount: You’re eligible for a discounted rate with National General Insurance if you insure many vehicles on one policy.
- Anti-Theft Discount: Install anti-theft features in your car and get a discount on your yearly premium.
- Good Student Discount: Save on your yearly premiums if you’re a student under 25. National General Insurance provides this discount to students with a GPA of 3.0 (B).
- Multi-Policy Discount: Join your home and auto insurance policies together into one bundle and receive a discounted rate.
Consider National General Auto Insurance, if…
National General Auto Insurance is a fantastic option for people who are looking to get as many discounts as possible. Their wide variety of money-saving options help you to get more affordable auto insurance premiums. This includes teen drivers, who are typically a lot more expensive to insure.
They’re also a great option for people with RVs and multiple vehicles, as their customized auto policies allow you to bundle your vehicles into one policy.
Consider alternatives to National General Auto Insurance, if…
National General Auto Insurance doesn’t get high-risk premiums or SR-22 Insurance. If you have multiple marks, such as tickets and accidents, then your premiums are likely to be very expensive. In this case, you’re better off looking for a non-standard insurer.
If you need SR-22 coverage after a DUI, then you need to look elsewhere because National General Insurance doesn’t provide this option.
What’s my best insurance option?
When shopping for car insurance it's important to compare several quotes side-by-side. This gives you the best pricing & coverage options.
Fill out our short form to receive free quotes, instantly!