GEICO provides good student discounts in most states to full-time students who have a 3.0 GPA or a B average and above grade. Students need to be age 16 - 25 to qualify. The discount allows young drivers to save 15% on their auto insurance premiums, making coverage more affordable.
What is GEICO's good student discount?
GEICO allows students with high grades to qualify for a 15% discount on their auto insurance premiums with the good student discount. This discount is in place to help students to afford the high insurance rates typically associated with young drivers.
How to qualify for GEICO's good student discount
Here's a list of requirements needed for a student to qualify for GEICO's good student discount.
- Good grades: the student has a 3.0 GPA and above or B average and above grade. This proves that the student has worked hard and has earned the discount.
- Full time: Students need to be full-time, no part-time students can apply.
- Under 26: Students who are 26 and older cannot apply for the good student discounts.
3 things to consider when applying for GEICO's good student discount
A good student discount with GEICO saves you money and helps young drivers to afford better coverage.
- There are other student discounts available with GEICO so keep this in mind if you;re not eligible for this particular discount.
- Apply for comprehensive coverage only, stay on your parent's policy or add to your deductibles to save more on your premiums.
- Some companies provide higher good-student discount rates than others. It’s important to understand your options and compare as many quotes as possible.
Click and compare FREE quotes with us to find the best student rates, today!