GEICO's accident forgiveness is free for clients who've gone 5 years without making a claim. It's also available to purchase as an upgrade on your auto insurance policy. This feature protects you from skyrocketing insurance premiums after a first at-fault accident.
Why should I get GEICO's accident forgiveness?
Accident forgiveness helps keep your driving record clean after your first at-fault accident.
This feature allows for the accident to get waived and stay off your record. Accident forgiveness thus allows you to continue paying the same insurance rates you've always paid without an increase after your first claim.
This policy also protects you from losing your good driver's discounts.
How to qualify for GEICO's accident forgiveness
There are certain requirements required to add GEICO's accident forgiveness to your auto policy, such as the following:
- Clean driving record: You need to have a safe driving record to apply for accident forgiveness with GEICO. If you qualify, purchase accident forgiveness as an additional policy on your auto insurance.
- Go 5 years without making a claim: GEICO provides this feature for free to for clients who've made it past 5 years without making a claim.
- One claim per policy: You don't qualify for accident forgiveness if you have already made a claim from your policy.
How much does GEICO's accident forgiveness cost?
GEICO's accident forgiveness rate varies based on many factors, such as the following:
- Car model
- Driving history
3 things to consider about GEICO's accident forgiveness
- Applying for accident forgiveness allows you to save hundreds of dollars, and it stops your yearly premiums from skyrocketing.
- You pay extra for the policy, but in the long run, it saves you money. Safe drivers with a clean record get forgiven for minor accidents and maintain a spotless safe driver's profile. You're thus able to keep your good driver's discounts and avoid increased premiums.
- If your driving record isn't clean, re-apply once the accidents have fallen off your record.
Get the best accident forgiveness rates, now!
Get instant quotes tailored to your needs - fill out our short form, today!