Rental cars are covered with State Farm's car rental and travel expense coverage. This policy covers your daily rental rate, travel expenses, and deductible reimbursement. To qualify for this add-on, you need to have full coverage.
Does my State Farm auto insurance policy cover my rental car?
State Farm's car rental and travel expense policy covers your transport if your car is at a repair shop. The cost of this extra policy depends on your insurance premiums and driving record.
Your full coverage extends to your rental car to keep you protected as you drive.
What does car rental and travel expense cover?
There are many benefits to choosing State Farm's car rental insurance, such as:
- Travel Expenses: Up to $500 for your meals, lodging, and transportation. This benefits you if you're far from your home or destination when your car's towed.
- Car Rental Expense: Up to an average of $25 for your daily car rental rates.
- Repayment of Deductible Expense: Your rented vehicle gets the same protection as your personal vehicle. If you're in an accident, State Farm also reimburses up to $500 on your deductible.
Is coverage available to all State Farm policyholders?
Not all State Farm customers are eligible. You don't qualify if:
- You don't have full coverage: State Farm's rental coverage isn't available to clients without full insurance. Minimum liability coverage doesn't allow for this add-on. Upgrade to full coverage to become eligible.
- You exceed your limit: Every policy comes with a limit. The amount of this limit varies from person to person, depending on your insurance rates. You can't go over this limit on your car rental, tax payment, or other expenses. If you do, your coverage doesn't pay for the excess.
3 things to consider about car rental and travel expense coverage
- All damages to your rental car get covered if you've got full insurance.
- If you're not able to get by without a car, this policy is essential.
- Car rental companies offer you a waiver when you rent your car. Decline this offer if you want rental coverage from State Farm.
Get the best rental car coverage, today!
Finding the perfect renters policy isn't easy. Take the stress off and fill out our easy form to compare the best deals. The best part? It's fast and simple.
Get instant quotes tailored to your needs - fill out our short form, today!